|C. Coimbra photo|
Free Meditation Technique Event --Online
(Click the above link for more information)
We know that a daily meditation practice brings wonderful benefits in terms of lowered stress, increased resiliency, enhanced wellbeing, better sleep and more...
These qualities are especially needed in times of increased tension — in your life and in the world around you.
Neurological research explains why meditation is spreading from yoga studios and meditation centers into businesses and even schools. Meditation improves our mental abilities, balances our emotions, and even helps us perform at a higher level at work.
Developing a consistent daily meditation practice is one of the most generous gifts you can give your body, mind and soul.
But are all meditation practices equal?
In this special call with Richard Miller, one of the world’s most respected teachers of meditation, you’ll get a fresh perspective on the basics as well as insights into more advanced practices — and pick up valuable tips for fine-tuning your meditation based on the latest brain science and the instructions of ancient seers.
Richard’s work is primarily sourced in yogic traditions, which distinguishes it from western mindfulness practices sourced in Buddhist lineages. Yogic meditation is particularly effective for accessing higher octaves of your being, and the joy and wellbeing that great yogis say is your birthright.
These methods build a deep inner ground of peace you can call on as a resource in the midst of difficult circumstances. They also reset your nervous system, which helps you reduce stress, increase your wellbeing, and experience the benefits of a baseline of true peace and inner joy.
Richard has been at the forefront of work on meditation for over 45 years. He’s consulted on over 25 research studies on the efficacy of the iRest Meditation program he developed for healing trauma, chronic pain, anxiety, and sleep issues, and for enhancing resilience and wellbeing. Yoga Journal named him one of the top 25 teachers of Yoga and Meditation in the West.
During this powerful hour with Richard, you’ll discover:
- Unique aspects of yogic meditation that can help you navigate uncertain times
- The latest neuroscience research on meditation — what works and why
- How to establish a practice grounded in resilience, wholeness and joy (yes, joy!)
- Why advanced meditation techniques are foundational for your wellbeing
- How to extend your meditation beyond a sitting practice — and why short practices done consistently can outweigh longer practices
- How to harvest the best from advanced meditation practices from Mahayana, Dzogchen and Zen without having to learn highly complex protocols
--From The Shift Network